Errors in Microsoft® SharePoint Workspace 2010
How to fix errors in Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010?
Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 is the successor of Microsoft Office Groove 2007. This software is a client application which provides fast, any-time access to document libraries and list on Server and Foundation editions of Microsoft SharePoint 2010. The software helps you:
1. In building multi-tenant and host applications on an infrastructure which is much scalable, secure and stable.
2. In creating powerful, data-driven solutions using external data.
3. In creating client-side functionalities which provide high-user experience.
4. In easily synchronizing online and offline content with a designated Microsoft SharePoint site.
5. In collaborating with external team members with the help of this software.
However, the software might experience some issues while you are working on it. But with us around, you have nothing to worry. This article talks about the commonest issues that you may encounter while working on Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010. We are also offering handy fixes that you can yourself try out.
The commonest Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 issues are:
- Error message notifying that Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 faces difficulty syncing with Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Error message alerting the user to free up disk space on Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 stops responding
- You are unable to create a Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 account
- Startup issues in Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010
If you find yourself in any of the above mentioned situations, you can attempt to resolve them by following the handy tips mentioned below:
- Restart the software
- Configure the account
- Scan the software
Most of the issues mentioned above are typically faced by users when they try to create an account or while starting the software. The initial solution for these problems is restarting it. For this:
- Close the Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 software
- Locate the ‘Pencht.dll.file’
- Unregister the file and further delete it from yourPC
- Restart the software once the above are done
Another common instance where users have encountered issues with Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 is when they have modified their account configuration. As a check:
- Configure the account as the Application Pool Identity
- Perform an ‘IISReset’.
If these do not resolve your issue, add the Application Pool identity to the ‘Local Administrators’ group on the web front-end server, which is currently hosting the website.
To resolve an issue in your Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 application, you could also check if it has been attacked by a malware infection. Scanning the software for any possible threat can help you fix it. The software supports security options that you can use to scan all incoming and outgoing files. To use this feature you need to enable the ‘Scan incoming and outgoing files for viruses’ option. You can use this feature only if you are using good antivirus software that is robust and up to date.