Microsoft® Project 2010 Tips
Microsoft Project 2010 is a project management tool developed by Microsoft and widely used by project managers. It has the capability to provide complete support to project managers to define a schedule, allocate resources to tasks and track the progress of a particular project. However, it is a little bit difficult for a project manager to distribute information about the project and work together with the project team with Microsoft Project alone.
- Get a simple and instinctive user experience — plan, arrange and effectively complete important work.
- Improve productivity using complicated yet easily accessible tools using integrated reporting and powerful collaboration capabilities.
- Choose the right projects, enhance limited resources and deal with costs with combined project and portfolio management.
- As it is built on Microsoft SharePoint 2010, so you can work with more flexibility and with more powerful work management solution that incorporates, expands, and scales for the enterprise.
Microsoft Project 2010 has innovative and exciting user-friendly, strong planning, tracking and conveying tools. Here we will discuss some short tips and tricks which you will find helpful while using Microsoft Project 2010.
Calendars are always the preferred way to track the progress of events, tasks, and even whole projects. So, if you need project information to be presented in an appealing and well-organized way, then take a look at the things you can do with Microsoft Project 2010.
You can do a lot with the Calendar in Project 2010. To open the Calendar in Project 2010, click the View tab, and then click Calendar in the Task Views group.
To create a task in Project 2010: Click and then drag the mouse towards the Calendar to set duration for the task.
To increase task duration : Move the cursor on the right side of the task bar till the cursor becomes a right-pointing arrow and, then click and drag the task.
To link tasks: Shift the cursor on the first task on the Calendar. Before linking the tasks, ensure that the cursor doesn’t become a four-pointed arrow. Now, click and pull the cursor to the second task—but don’t release the left mouse button till the cursor becomes a symbol like chain-link.
To move a task: To move a task, you need to shift the cursor above the edge of the task till the single-pointed cursor becomes a four-pointed cursor and then drag the task.
To format the task: To customize a task, you need to right-click on the task, and then click Bar Styles.
To copy the Calendar: To copy the Calendar using Microsoft Project 2010 into another program, like Word or in an e-mail message, you need to click the Task tab, and then click Copy Picture.
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small businesses sector. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24x7x365 will provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Comprehensive support for all versions of Microsoft Project 2010
- Diagnosis & repair for your technologies
- Troubleshoot software errors
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats
- Connect to Internet, devices, and peripherals
- Optimize your computers speed and performance