Looking for Office 2010 help? Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Get all your Office 2010 problems fixed by a certified tech. Call Today!
Microsoft Outlook is extensively used by business organization for sending and receiving e-mails.
Microsoft Office Outlook or Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager developed by Microsoft. Its latest version, Microsoft Outlook 2010, wil be available both as a separate application as well as a part of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite.
Microsoft Outlook is an application that manages e-mail messages, calendars, contacts, and tasks. It lets users create and view information using a compatible interface. Microsoft has made Microsoft Outlook to stand alone on a computer or it can also be used as a client program over the Microsoft Exchange network. You can also share information using Microsoft Outlook with others on Microsoft Exchange Server. Microsoft Outlook stores all the information related to your e-mail messages, calendar items and all the other items such as tasks and personal folders, on the hard drive of your system.
With Microsoft Outlook, you can:
- Send and receive email
- Maintain contact information about people and departments
- Keep a calendar of your appointments, events, and meetings
- Create a to-do list
- Maintain a journal of your activities
- Save miscellaneous notes
- Directly access Web pages
- Access public folders on Microsoft Exchange Server
Microsoft Outlook has the following editions:
- Microsoft Outlook for MS-DOS
- Microsoft Outlook for Macintosh
- Microsoft Outlook 97
- Microsoft Outlook 98
- Microsoft Outlook 2000
- Microsoft Outlook 2002
- Microsoft Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
Microsoft Outlook is the most commonly used e-mail client. It is used by professionals and home computer users as well. It offers improved features to its users to manage their e-mail messages, calendars and tasks. Some of the common features of Microsoft Outlook are as follows:
Microsoft Outlook Today shows activities on your calendar for five days i.e it will show the activities for today and the next four days. To choose a different day from the range of one to seven, you can click the drop-down list which is next to the ‘Show this number of days’ in ‘My Calendar’ field.
Here, you can choose several ways about how Microsoft Outlook displays your tasks:
- All tasks – This option displays all the tasks in your Tasks folder.
- Today’s tasks – This option only displays those incomplete or overdue tasks that are due today. If you want to include those tasks in the list displayed by Microsoft Outlook then you can check the Include tasks with no due date today.
Microsoft Outlook also helps you to manage your time, such as creating recurring appointments, searching for appointments, setting reminders, attaching documents to appointments and even categorizing appointments.
iYogi’s Annual Unlimited Subscription Plan
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small business sectors. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24X7X365 can provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
Our award winning and low priced Annual Subscription covers the following services:
- Comprehensive support for all versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Diagnosis & Repair of your hardware issues
- Troubleshoot software errors
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats
- Connect to Internet, devices and peripherals
- Optimize your computer’s speed and performance.