How to Fix Excel 2010 Common Problems and Errors
Microsoft Office 2010 Excel though has many advantages, has some problems also. Many of the problems in Microsoft Office 2010 Excel are similar to those in Microsoft Office 2007 Excel or the previous versions. Some of the most common problems that users face while starting up or using Microsoft Office 2010 Excel are:
- Errors are shown on opening Microsoft Office 2010 Excel
- Excel Files do not open from Explorer
- Corrupt temporary files are shown
- There may be some virus issues
- Not compatible with other versions of Office
These problems can be troubleshooted by experts and iYogi helps you do the same. Some of the steps that can be taken to solve problems in Microsoft Office 2010 Excel are as follows:
- To disable ad-ins
- Uninstall the Microsoft Office 2010 Package
- Start Excel from Main Program
- Let Excel Find the Problem and Repair It
- Perform "System Restore"
- Shut Down and then Restart the Computer
- Run an anti-virus
To disable ad-ins
Ad-ins should be disabled if there is a problem in starting or using Microsoft Office 2010 Excel. These are optional programs that cause problems many a times in starting Excel. After disabling if the problem is solved, then one ad-in should be enabled at a time to find which one is corrupted.
Uninstall the Microsoft Office 2010 Package
Uninstall the Microsoft Office 2010 package and again reinstall it. Re-installation of the software may solve the problem in Microsoft Office 2010 Excel.
Many times users use the shortcut to the excel program. Starting Excel from the main program menu may troubleshoot the problem. The shortcut to a program may become corrupt and hinder the program to open.
The best way is to let Microsoft Office 2010 Excel detect its own problems and fix them. There are options where excel can diagnose, detect and repair problems. If there are minor issues, excel can fix them by itself.
Performing a "System Restore" in the system can also help in solving problems in Microsoft Office 2010 Excel. By this, the computer is restored to an earlier date, when the excel file was working well.
One of the most common troubleshooting devices is to shut down the computer and restart it again. This helps in many instances, and issues in Microsoft Office 2010 Excel can be solved by this.
Last but not the least is to run an anti-virus software in the system. There might be malware or dangerous viruses that might act as hindrances in opening the excel files. Running an anti-virus will solve this problem.
Many softwares are available and supplied by technological firms like iYogi, which directly help in 2010 Excel Troubleshooting.
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small businesses sector. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24×7x365 will provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Office 2010 Excel Troubleshooting
- Diagnosis & repair for your technologies
- Troubleshoot software errors
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats
- Connect to Internet, devices, and peripherals
- Optimize your computer’s speed and performance