Steps to create Hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2010
Do you know that you can create, select, edit, or delete hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel 2010 as and when you want? Well, hyperlink is nothing but a feature in Microsoft Excel that gives you a quick access to related information in another file or on a web page. You can insert a hyperlink in a worksheet cell or in specific chart elements to simply click and access information that is available on some other location.
The method to create a hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2010 is not at all difficult and you can follow our instructions mentioned below to do it on your own. So, what are waiting for? Start browsing the information below and create a hyperlink to access any information quickly and easily.
The solution to the problem
The steps to create a Hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2010 are as follows:
1. Select the cell which contains the content you want to create hyperlink with.
2. Go to the “Insert” tab and then click “Hyperlink” in the “Links” section.
3. The default option in the 'Insert Hyperlink' window is to create a hyperlink to an “Existing File or Web Page”.
4. You can either navigate to the file or web page or you can type the address of the file or web page directly into the Address field and then click “OK”.
5. The second option is to create a Hyperlink to a “Place in This Document”.
6. Select the place in the document and then click “OK”.
7. The third option is to create a hyperlink to a “New Document”. Specify the name and location of the new document and click “OK”.
8. A new Excel document will be created and hyperlinked to.
9. The final option is to create a hyperlink to an “E-mail address”. Specify an e-mail address to link to and then click “OK”.
See, how easily you can create a hyperlink in Microsoft Excel 2010. All you did was followed our instructions and made the changes accordingly.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below: