Convert seconds to time in Microsoft Excel 2010
It seems you are stuck while trying to convert seconds into time. Well, don’t worry; we will help you fix your issue in just a few minutes. For the uninitiated, Microsoft Excel 2010 allows you to convert all your ‘hh:mm:ss’ into the ‘seconds’ format and therefore the answer you will get is in seconds. If this was for a few seconds or a few hundred seconds, the number wouldn’t be overwhelming. However, if the seconds were amounting to a bigger number than that, you could definitely try converting the seconds format into the regular time format to avoid confusions. Here are the steps that you can use to complete the task.
The easy steps are as:
- To convert seconds to time in Microsoft Excel 2010, select the cell and type ‘=reference to the cell containing the seconds you want to convert to time / 86400’.
- Press ‘Enter’ to get the result. The result may be displayed as decimal value for time.
- To change it into ‘Time’ format, right click on the cell and select ‘Format Cells’.
- Under the Category heading, select the ‘Custom’ option.
- From the list of Types that appears on the right, select the appropriate time option and then click ‘OK’.
- In order to apply it throughout the worksheet, click on the bottom right corner of the cell and drag it all the way down to the last cell.
Simple, wasn’t it? Do not forget to keep the steps handy to be able to refer to them anytime you will need them.
For now, here is a short video that you can check out to enjoy a quick recap of the steps provided above. To watch it now, click on the window below: