Microsoft Lync 2013 Communicator for iPhone
Microsoft Lync 2013 (formerly known as Microsoft Office Communicator) is an application for iPhone. It brings together all the packaged items of communication such as instant messaging, Lync presence and audio/video abilities to your mobile device. You can now choose from the various communication tools to communicate with colleagues and clients on the move with Lync 2013 for iPhone.
Features of Microsoft Lync for iPhone
- During a conference, view the shared meeting content on your mobile
- Start a group conversation via Instant messaging or video and also invite participants to join in the conversation
- Start a meeting via Lync Meeting
- Be the controller of the meeting where you can remove or mute participants
- Provides call transfer facilities from another phone number to another contact
- Superior security
Requirements for installation
To install Microsoft Lync in iPhone you would require an iPhone 4 or later with Apple iOS 7.0 or later.
Installing the Lync app
You can install Microsoft Lync app on your iPhone by following these few steps:
- From the App Store of your iPhone download the Microsoft Lync 2013 app.
- Tap on the free button and then press the Install App button.
- Enter the Apple ID and Password
- After the app is installed, the icon will appear in the home screen.
Signing in to Microsoft Lync for the first time
In order to use Lync in your iPhone, you have to create a Lync account and a sign-in address. If you don’t have the Lync account and sign-in-address, try and contact the technical support team.
Here are the steps to sign in to Lync for the first time:
- Tap on the Lync app icon
- Click ok after the pop up opens
- Enter the sign-in-address and password
- Tap on the sign-in tab
- Enter your phone number in the phone number field on the Never Miss a Meeting screen.
- Tap on the next arrow icon.
- A screen will open with two default settings
- Push Notifications: This is on by default which alerts you about incoming Instant Messages or VoIP call.
- Help us improve Lync: This is off by default. It sends anonymous data to Lync quality control from your device.
- To change the settings of either of the two options just swipe the button on the right or left.
- Click Next icon to use Lync.
After you have signed in to Microsoft Lync for the first time, the following steps will help you sign in to Lync:
- Tap on the Lync 2013 icon that appears on the Home screen.
- Enter sign-in address and password
- Tap on sign-in
Sign out of Microsoft Lync
If you wish to sign-out of Microsoft Lync, just go to the My Info tab and tap on the Sign-out Button that is located in the upper right corner.