Microsoft Office Communicator for Mac 2011
To provide real-time collaboration for people based in different locations, Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 R2 introduced the Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011. With this new introduction of communication method, people can collaborate with each other with ease. Several methods such as Web Conferencing, Audio/Video Conferencing and Instant Messaging became prominent in communication. People can add coworkers of the same company to their Communicator account and easily communicate with each other.
Features of Communicator for Mac:
- Presence Display Icon: There is a presence display icon alongside the name of a contact in Microsoft Office Communicator. The presence display icon provides you with the information of the person in your contact, whether he/she is available, out of office or busy in a meeting. The status of the presence display icon would let you decide the perfect time to communicate with them. The presence display icon’s status is based automatically by login status or calendar or by the user manually. A communicator user can also gain access to data such as published phone numbers that are available in the contact list through contact card option.
- Presence status in other Office for Mac 2011: Communicator is included with Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 that allows users to communicate with each other through Office applications such as Outlook, Word and PowerPoint. The contact card of the communicator shows the presence of the contact person in more detail and the user can start with a conversation with the contact person via many communication options like e-mails, instant messaging, audio/video call, and meeting request.
- Presence status via calendar: Presence status also can be reflected automatically based on the Exchange calendar. For example, if a person has login to his/her system but is away, the communicator status will automatically show “away” on the presence icon. Or if a person is busy in a meeting, the status will automatically change to “Busy”, which would mean it’s not a perfect time to communicate with that person.
- Virtual meeting option: With just a click of a button in the “meeting link” a person can participate and join in a meeting by audio connections or view shared slides. With this communicating option, users can easily connect to virtual meeting with clients and colleagues across the world.
- Desktop sharing option: With the built-in Desktop sharing option in communicator, users can view desktops of other users for enhanced and better collaboration on a presentation or document or spreadsheet.
- Audio/Video calling options: The Communicator can be used as a telephone by the audio/video calling option. Computer-to-computer calls can be made via this option which enables a user to hear or see other users. Conference calls are made using this feature of the Communicator.
The Microsoft Office Communicator is embedded with valiant features which makes collaborating with colleagues and clients easy. It provides an effortlessly communicating atmosphere for official establishments.