If you are one of those Microsoft Outlook 2010 users who are irritated by the continuous junk mail that you receive from a single sender, then it is necessary that you know some tips and tricks to block senders and add notifications.
Blocking senders in Microsoft Outlook 2010 will allow you to remove junk e-mails or block e-mails from a particular user or department in your office, which you think is of no use. This will streamline your e-mails as your Inbox will be free from any unwanted e-mails. Here is a step by step guide for you to block senders in Microsoft Outlook 2010 as follows:
- Click on ‘Options’ in the ‘Tools’ menu, which is located on the top menu of Microsoft outlook.
- Choose the ‘Preferences’ tab, in the ‘E-mail’ section and select ‘Junk E-mail.’
- Click on the ‘Blocked Senders’ tab.
- In order to add a name of the sender click on ‘Add’.
- Once you have entered the name in “Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list box”, enter the address of the sender by click on the ‘Add’ option.
- Once you have added the name and address of the sender click on ‘OK’ to close the application.
If you would like to add multiple names to the block senders list then repeat the steps from 1-5.
Only blocking users in Microsoft Outlook 2010 will not be enough to organize your inbox, getting notifications from certain users in Microsoft Outlook 2010 will allow you to filter through your e-mails, here is how you do it.
- Click on ‘Rules’ on the ‘Home’ tab to choose ‘Manage Rules & Alerts’
- Choose ‘New Rule’ under ‘E-mail Rules’.
- Select ‘Start from a blank rule’, ensure that you have also selected "Check messages when they arrive" and click Next.
- Choose the users from the distributions list and then click on ‘Next’ and ‘OK’.
- Click on the next screen of the ‘Rules Wizard’ and scroll to bottom of the window for adding a sound for notification.
- Click on the option to select a .wav file, add a message or perform an action
Isn’t this a great way to know, by whom you have received a mail from? By just hearing the notification of the e-mail you will be able know the sender.