Microsoft® Office 2011 and Microsoft® Office 2008 to become pals with OS X Lion
IT giant Microsoft is always updating and upgrading the existing products and services to make sure their users get a better experience every time they use those services. Keeping this in mind, Microsoft has recently come up with new up gradation of Office 2008 and Office 2011 editions for Mac.
Both of these are the only office suites that run in OS X Lion as these contain code for Intel chips. The updates in these editions are designed to sort out a bevy of problems and bugs which appeared in them. These updates also address some issues related to stability, reliability and security of both the versions.
Let’s have a look at what are the updates and how will they help?
There are mainly 2 updates on Office 8 and these include:
• Time zone management addressed in the Entourage tool
• Problems fixed with help files which are not shown in some languages
Office 2011 has undergone major changes and these include the following fixes made:
• PowerPoint getting crashed unexpectedly while using the Command-Tab
• Certain Web browsers not supporting Office documents
• Word not displaying proper Dutch citations
• Excel getting crashed while switching between workbooks
• Time zones now properly managed in Outlook
All of these updates are available through theÂ Auto UpdateÂ utility which you can run from theÂ HelpÂ menu. Make sure that you fully back up your system prior to applying these changes and then further test the programs to ensure the updates function properly.