Don’t make the mistake of underestimating the capabilities of Microsoft® OneNote 2010!
You may often notice that whenever there is a talk about Microsoft OneNote 2010, there is a general tendency to downplay its capabilities. Some of us even refer to it as a lightweight application when compared to the more popular applications, like Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, and more. However, if you truly try to understand what this so-called application is all about and what all it can do, it will not be long before you changed your perception. The smarter ones are already using this application with great result and vouch for its utility.
What gives Microsoft OneNote 2010 a strong foothold in the list of Microsoft Office 2010 applications is a set of user-friendly and handy features:
- Microsoft OneNote 2010 makes working across different applications an effortless process. Effortless in the sense that once placed to the side of the screen, you can constantly have it available for note-taking or references. This way you can be more flexible while working on a document in Microsoft Word 2010, browsing the web with Internet Explorer, or creating a Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 slide. It also has the Linked Notes feature to help you remember where you got a particular idea with just a click
- The navigation is now much better than what it used to be; so you can almost zoom through your notebooks. Also, page groups are more distinct and clear now that helps to improve note structure and placement
- With Microsoft OneNote 2010, you can now file information quickly into its designated places. It, in effect, has actually eliminated the need to regroup information after an incident has taken place
- The Search feature has seen some serious revamp and it is much quicker. In fact, the main attraction here is the new ranking system that studies your past search habits to throw up relevant information faster and more easily
- With web application like Microsoft OneNote Web App and Microsoft OneNote Mobile, you can access your notebooks from just about anywhere
There is some room for a few more interesting features but with what it has got, Microsoft OneNote 2010 definitely makes a glowing statement. Another important aspect that you would appreciate is how efficiently the application works when you are required to work and communicate in different languages. The provision of instant translation is commendable, especially when all you need to do for instant translation is hover over the selected word!