How to Use Mail Merge Labels in Microsoft Office 2010?
Mail merge in Microsoft Office 2010 is a useful tool that helps in addition of names and addresses automatically from a database to envelopes and letters in order to assist sending mail to many addresses at the same time.
Here’s how you use the mail merge labels in Microsoft Office 2010:-
Setting up the labels
- Open Microsoft Word.
- A blank page will open, then on the Mailings tab, there’s the Start Mail Merge group, click on Start Mail Merge.
- Then click Labels.
- A dialog box will open, in the Labels option, choose from the relevant options from the ones available
- The printer type to print labels
- The supplier for label sheets
- The corresponding product number listed on label sheets
- Click the type of printer under Printer Information
- Click the name of the company under the Label vendors list.
- Click the product number under the Product Number list.
- After selecting the label options, click on OK.
Now the Word application will create a document that contains the sheet of labels. In order to lay out the labels, Word uses a table. If you are unable to see lines that separate the labels, click on the Layout tab which is located under the Table Tools. In the Table group click on View Gridlines.
Connecting Labels to address list
You must connect the labels to your address list in order to merge information into your labels, which is also known as data file or data source.
Choosing a data file
- Go to Mailings tab, then Start Mail Merge group, and click on Select Recipients.
- Choose from the following options:
- Use Outlook contacts – Click Select from Outlook Contacts if you want to use the contacts list in Microsoft Outlook.
- Using an existing data file – For Microsoft Excel worksheet, Microsoft Access database or other data files, click Use Existing List and locate the file in the Select Data source dialog box.
- Create a new data file in Word – If you want to create a new data file, click on Type New List and use the form to create your list.
Editing the label document
- In the Mail Merge tab, simply verify that Arrange your labels is displayed.
- Select Address Block then the Insert Address Block dialog box will appear. Fill in the details.
- Click Math Fields to verify if the data fields of the document and the source list is matched. Then click OK.
- In the Preview window you can verify the label design. Click OK.
- When you are done setting up one label, click Update all labels and it will replicate all the labels.
- To preview the merged data, click Next: Preview your labels.
Performing the merge
You can perform the merge directly to the printer or on the screen
- To merge in the printer, click Print, the Merge to Printer dialog box will appear. Click OK. (The Print dialog box will appear so that you can print the labels from your printer).
- To merge on the screen, click Edit Individual labels, the Merge to New Document dialog box will appear, click OK and merge the labels.
- After the merged document appears on the screen you can either save it as a separate document or print it by clicking on Print located on the File menu.
If you are facing any difficulty with the mail merging labels, call the iYogi technicians who are available 24 x 7 to assist you. We can not only help you fix the issue of mail merging labels but can also optimize Office 2010 for you!