How to Multiply in Excel 2010?
Are you looking out for a tool that can provide you effective and quick methods to deal with critical multiplications in the Microsoft Excel 2010? Â Suppose you are provided with a range of numbers and want to multiply them by a number 8.7. Do you have any effective tool to do it on the spot?
It is very easy to multiply a range of numbers in Excel 2010. All you need to do is, simply follow the below given steps. These steps will help you in making use of Multiply formula in your Excel spreadsheet.
- The Excel multiplication formula consists of the ‘=’ sign, followed by a list of two or more numbers with the ‘Asterisk’ operator in between them.
- Press ‘Enter’ and it multiplies the numbers and returns the result.
- As with all Excel formulas, you can use references to cells containing numbers with the ‘Asterisk’ operator in between them instead of typing in the numbers directly.
- Press ‘Enter’ and it multiplies the contents of the cells and returns the result.
- Excel also provides a built-in ‘Product Function’ that can be used to perform multiplication in Excel.
- Type ‘=PRODUCT(reference to first cell containing number : reference to last cell containing number)’ that you want to multiply together
- Press ‘Enter’ and the function multiply together the values in cells and return the result.
See, how easy it is to use multiply formula in Microsoft Excel 2010? Isn’t the process short and simple to apply it on your Windows based PC? You can further simplify the entire process by going through our video solution which is posted below.