Microsoft Excel 2010: How to Create Drop-Down List?
Are you facing difficulties while creating a Drop-Down list in Microsoft Excel 2010 on your Windows based PC? You don’t have to worry so much when you have our solutions steps as well as video to help you out of such situations.
Why Drop-Down list in Excel 2010 is important? It is so, because it helps in making data easier in Excel and also helps in limiting entries to certain items that you define. When a Drop-Down list is created, it displays an arrow in that cell, which comes in use while entering any information in that cell. Information is added by clicking the arrow.
Here are the steps that you can follow to create a Drop-Down list in Microsoft Excel 2010. See how it goes:
- Select the cell (or cells) that you want your drop-down list to appear in
- Select the Data tab from the top of your Excel spreadsheet and from within this menu, select the Data Validation option
- The Validation menu will appear. Within this menu :
- In the first box, select the option 'List'. This should cause further options to appear.
- In the 'Source' option box, enter the range of cells where you typed in your original list of options by clicking on the symbol at the right of the 'range' box and then select the range of cells with the mouse.
- Click on the symbol again to expand the window and then click ‘OK’
- Your selected cell should now contain a drop-down menu containing your list of possible values.
See how easy it is to create a Drop-Down list in Microsoft Excel 2010. Weren’t the steps simple and easy to understand? If you need better understanding on the topic, you can also check out our video solution which is posted below.