Do you know which version of Microsoft® Office 2010 is installed on your PC?
Many a times you may have to seek technical expertise while attempting to resolve an error that you face, when you are working on your Microsoft Office 2010 productivity suite. Also, many a times your friend or colleague may want to know the particular version of Microsoft Office 2010 product that you have, as you have highly spoken of its performance. In both the situations you may have to answer one question “Do you know which version of Microsoft Office 2010 product is installed on your PC?” Will it ring a bell for you? Well, don’t you worry; we have for you simple methods that can help you determine that.
There are three methods that can help you determine the particular product version. Depending on your preference, you could use any. Each of the methods has been detailed out for you here.
To determine using About Microsoft Program_Name dialog box
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and click on ‘Help’
- Select ‘Additional Version and Copyright Information’
These two steps will display the Service Pack level of the application and will mention the details about the Microsoft Office 2010 product version including the product name and the version number.
To determine using the Add/ Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Go to ‘Start’ and click on ‘Run’
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit the ‘Enter’ button
- From the list of installed products that have been displayed, select the particular one for which you need the information
- Select the ‘Click here for support information’ option to view the version information of the product
[box_tip]Tip: You can follow these steps only if you have Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installed.[/box_tip]
If you have Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, you can follow the below mentioned:
- Go to the ‘Start Search’ box and type ‘appwiz.cpl’
- Click on the ‘Details’ option in the View menu
- Press on the ‘Alt’ and ‘V’ buttons for the menu to be displayed
- Select the ‘Choose Details’ option
- Select the check mark next to Version
- Hit on the ‘OK’ button and view the information displayed on version details
You can also view the version details in the properties of the executable files - This is yet another method that you can use to verify the product properties. For more information on this method, you may go to Method 2 as mentioned here.
ImageÂ byÂ Jerry Bunkers