Easy ways to uninstall Microsoft® Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 is the latest productivity suite with enhanced, enriched, and improved features and benefits. A user can simply be delighted to work on its applications that ensure efficient, less time consuming and better results. However, even with all the amazing benefits that this productivity suite may have, you may still want to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010.
Why uninstall Microsoft Office 2010?
Well, there can be several reasons for this. However, most users opt to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 either when a program/ application in the suite get corrupt or when they do not need the suite anymore. Just as installing this suite is a simple process, uninstalling it too isn’t tough. You do not necessarily have to be a techie to do so. Unless there are errors that may crop up during the un-installation, you can complete the process in just a few steps.
How to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010?
There are many ways in which you can do a Microsoft Office 2010 uninstall. We have listed for you some methods along with the steps you can follow in each. Depending on your level of comfort and ease, you could opt for any. So are you ready to uninstall?
To uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 from the Control Panel
Tip: To uninstall using this method, make sure that the entry in your Control Panel contains the full edition name; for example: Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010* or Microsoft Office 2010 Professional*, etc.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the run box and browse to locate the Microsoft Office Entry* in the displayed list.
- Click on the entry and select the Uninstall/Remove option.
To uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 using Microsoft Fix It
Tip: This method will only remove the suite and not individual programs that you may have separately installed.
- Download the Microsoft Fix It solution and save it on your computer or on a flash drive or CD.
- Double-click on it to run.
- Once the un-installation is over, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
To manually uninstall Microsoft Office 2010
This isn’t a very easy method as it requires good technical knowhow. However, if you have expertise in the subject, you can go ahead with the manual un-installation process.
Tip: Before you begin the process, make sure that you have logged on to Windows using the administrator account. Unless you do so, you will not be able to successfully uninstall.
- Check to see if there is any Windows Installer package left of Microsoft Office 2010.
- In case there are, remove them.
- In the Services window, check whether or not the Office Source Engine service is running. If it is, stop it. (you can open the Services window by typing services.msc in Run)
- Remove all Microsoft Office 2010 installation folders from the system.
- Delete all installation files that may be present in the operating system.
- Delete the registry subkeys. However, make sure that you back up the registry before you attempt to delete it; just in case anything may go wrong, you will have the back up to fall back upon.
- Once all the above mentioned steps are over, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
By following any of the above mentioned methods, you could successfully uninstall Microsoft Office 2010. If you have a Beta version of Microsoft Office 2010 and would like to uninstall it, you can find handy information here.
In case you face any errors while uninstalling such as un-installation not taking effect, etc. we recommend you seek professional help immediately.
Image by Ingy The Wingy