Steps to fix “Microsoft Outlook 2010 search not working” issue
If you have been using Microsoft Outlook 2010, you would be aware that the Microsoft 2010 plays a key role in helping you look for the relevant content within the mailbox. As the search feature assists us in finding the needful results instantly, it often breaks down or might get corrupted at times just like any other program.
To ensure that your productivity doesn’t halt, here are a few quick steps that will guide you to repair the search index instantly.
Steps to fix “Microsoft Outlook 2010 search not working”
- Open Microsoft 2010 and click on the ‘Search Tool’ icon and select the user’s mailbox.
- Make sure that your computer is configured to index Outlook 2010. For doing so, click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Now, click on ‘Options’ and then click on ‘Search’. This will display the ‘Search Options’ page.
- On the ‘Search Options’ page click on the ‘Indexing Options’ button.
- ‘Indexing Options’ dialog box will now appear on your screen. This will help you understand whether or not your PC is configured to index. (If the configuration to indexing is missing, then click the ‘Modify’ button and check the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ box).
- If the computer is already configured to index ‘Microsoft Outlook’, take a while for verifying if the Windows Search service is operational.
- After the verification is done, return to the ‘Indexing Options’ dialog box and then click on the ‘Advanced’ button.
- This will take you to the ‘Advanced Options’ window. In this window, click on the ‘Troubleshoot search and indexing’ link. This will run an automated diagnostic and repair tool on the Outlook 2010 application and thereafter detect and rectify the indexing issues.
These simple yet effective techniques will assist you in resolving the Microsoft Outlook 2010 search issues. However, if you are unable to resolve the issue, then get in touch with iYogi tech experts at to get your Microsoft Outlook 2010 fixed.