Everything you should know before you repair Microsoft Office 2010
Definitely Microsoft Office 2010 is one of the best productivity suites released by the company so far. This is not simply because it is the latest, but also because the features, tools, and flexibility in using them are so wide ranging, users simply fall in love with them. However, having said that, it is also not unusual that you may encounter a sporadic issue while working on the different applications of the suite. This may prompt you to opt for fixing the components or the tools. That’s the reason why we have come up with this article on what you should do when you have to repair Microsoft Office 2010.
There are two ways of repairing the Microsoft productivity suite; one lets you manually repair the suite while not uninstalling it, the other enables you to completely uninstall the suite from your Windows OS. Depending on the nature of the error or glitches you may be facing while working with the suite, you could opt for either method.
Here we are describing both, for your easy read-through. Follow the below mentioned steps to repair manually:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Programs and Features’ option
- Scroll to view the particular version of Microsoft Office 2010 installed on your PC
- Right-click on it and select the ‘Change’ option
- In the dialog box that will now open, select ‘Repair’ and then press on ‘Continue’, located on the bottom of the window
- Wait while the configuration is in progress, to view the expected time for completing the process, you can view the Configuration Progress window
- Click on the ‘Close’ button, once the configuration is over
Reboot your PC when prompted and then attempt to access a Microsoft Office 2010 application to check if it has been repaired.
If you want help of tools (automatic ways to uninstall the software) to be able to repair Microsoft Office 2010, you can read our detailed article on the same here.
If repairing the Microsoft Office 2010 suite didn’t help you, you can uninstall it and then reinstall it later to enjoy it working as good as new. To uninstall:
- Copy the setup.xml file of the productivity suite from the groove folder
- Paste the file in the C drive, within the groove folder
- This works for both, 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- Once the setup file is back on your PC, run it to uninstall the program
- Restart the system if prompted and then reinstall it
There are other methods to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 too. However, it may require technical expertise to do it. Worry not, as iYogi tech experts are available to help you do it smoothly. Just call on our toll free number and we will attempt to repair Microsoft Office 2010 installed on your PC, using whichever method would best appear viable and that will suit your purpose too.