How to remove Hyperlinks using Macro?
You have got an excel file that contains many hyperlinks and you need to remove all of them one by one. Won’t it be a tedious process? How are you going to remove the links without putting in much effort?
Well, excel doesn’t provide a direct way to remove all hyperlinks from a worksheet, however, you can use Macro to remove the links once and for all. Wondering how? Here we tell you! Macro is a formula that deactivates all hyperlinks with the help of Visual Basic Editor that you need to create, before starting the process. Once you create a Macro, all hyperlinks on your sheet will get deleted and replaced with normal text. To know how to remove hyperlinks using Macro, you can follow our quick and easy step-by-step solution below and make the changes as required.
The solution to the problem
The steps to remove hyperlinks using Macro in Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft Excel 2007 are as follows:
1. To remove all hyperlinks by using macro, hold the “Alt” key down and press “F11” on your keyboard to bring up the “Visual Basic Editor”.
2. Double click on the option “ThisWorkbook” in the Project Window, at the left of the “Visual Basic Editor”
3. In the code window, type the VBA code “Sub (space) RemoveAllHyperlinks (space) ()”, press “Enter”, type “ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete”
4. Close the “Code” window and the “VBA Editor” window.
5. To run this macro, on the worksheet that you want to remove the hyperlinks from, hold the “Alt” key down and press “F8” on your keyboard.
From the 'Macro' window that pops up, select the macro “ThisWorkbook.RemoveAllHyperlinks” and then click the “Run” button.
See, how easily you can remove Hyperlinks using Macro in Microsoft Excel 2010 and Microsoft Excel 2007. So, the next time you want to remove it from your sheet, don’t look for information other than here.
If you use Microsoft Excel 2010, then the solution video below can help you understand the topic in a better way:
The Microsoft Excel 2007 users can watch the solution video here :
Call toll free 1 877 889 6860