Fix a Very Slow Microsoft® Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 is a productivity suite for the Windows operating systems and the successor to Microsoft Office 2007. Microsoft Office 2010 includes extended file format support, user interface updates, and also gives a user a refined computer experience. The Office button in Microsoft Office 2010 now presents a new smart Control Panel that provides information about the current document and it offers many new options to better control the document printing tasks. In addition, Microsoft Word 2010 has a new Protected View for documents opened from the Internet. This feature essentially presents the Internet documents in read-only mode to prevent you from running any malicious code that may have been inserted into the documents. Furthermore, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 comes with the ability to record presentations directly to video. There is also basic video editing capability that lets you edit videos in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 without the need for third-party tools.
However, despite all these features, sometimes your Microsoft Office 2010 may respond very slowly and this may affect your performance. If you too are tackling similar situations, you will find interesting information in this article.
The following are the causes due to which the Microsoft Office 2010 suite installed in your PC is responding very slowly:
- Compatibility issue
- Software issue
- Tips to fix the issue
If Microsoft Office 2010 is not compatible with your computer, it will not work properly. This means that like every PC are manufactured with certain configuration, every software program too has some minimum system requirements that a PC must meet up with. Until this compatibility is ensured before software is installed, it may start displaying issues – the slow issue in your Microsoft Office 2010 suite could be one such instance.
You may also face issue with Microsoft Office 2010 installed in your system due to virus attack and presence of malware programs. Viruses have the ability to corrupt the files; in case your PC is infected, it is highly possible that the virus may have corrupted the Microsoft Office 2010 files in your PC. This may lead to the slow loading of the application and you may face difficulty in opening even a small file.
Tips to fix the issue
The above points pretty much describe what all aspects you need to look into in order to keep your installed Microsoft Office 2010 suite, up and running. Browse through the checklist mentioned below and keep it handy while you try to fix the slow Microsoft Office 2010 issue:
1. Before installing Microsoft Office 2010 in your PC, make sure that it will supports the software suite
2. If you are downloading the suite from the Internet, ensure that the website from which you are downloading is a genuine one
3. Check your PC against possible viruses or malware programs and clean it using good antivirus software, if the software on your PC is outdated, update it immediately and then scan
4. Disable all the add-ins that you seldom use; this will help speed up the suite applications
5. Keeping your documents simple and less frilly can also help in boosting the performance of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite
6. Regularly cleaning the temporary files can also help maintain the productivity suite at its optimum
If the above couldn’t resolve the very slow Microsoft Office 2010 issue in your PC, call iYogi tech experts to help you immediately. Just dial our toll free number and our technicians can optimize your PC and get the suite up and running.