Outlook 2010: How to Schedule E-Mail Delivery on Windows 7?
Besides customizing messages using the Microsoft Outlook 2010 application, you can also customize the e-mail delivery settings in order to schedule the delivery of an e-mail. Yes, you read it right. This application lets you modify the date and time of the delivery of a particular mail or mails and save you the inconvenience of sending the mail immediately after you have composed it. There are primarily two benefits of this feature – you can use your free time (in between workshops, meetings, trainings, etc) to compose the mails that you are sure you will have to send out during the day, and also, you will make sure that you do not miss out on sending an important mail, by scheduling it to be delivered at an appropriate time (may be a follow up).
The easy step solution to the issue is:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2010.
- Click on the “Home” tab and then click on “New E-mail” to compose a new message.
- Prepare your e-mail message in the new message window.
- Click on the “Options” tab and then select “Delay Delivery”.
- Under the “Delivery Options” heading, check the “Do not deliver before” option and then select a date and time that you would like the e-mail to be delivered at. When finished, click “Close”.
By following the simple steps mentioned above, you can not only preset a date but also a particular time in which you direct Microsoft Outlook 2010 to deliver your e-mail. Isn’t this really simple and handy? Well, technology is meant to make our lives simple and with this action, the e-mail application from Microsoft is attempting to do just that.