How to install Microsoft Office 2010 x64 version?
As you are aware, a large memory capacity offers you a better platform to house intensive applications that consume more memory space as well as run faster and more vividly. In that sense, you would obviously want to have a 64-bit application installed on your system. However, to be able to house this robust size, your operating system should also be that huge, in short to house a 64-bit application, your operating system should also be 64-bit. If you have ensured that your operating system is capable of being set with a 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010, you can conveniently go ahead and install your choice of application!
Before you do that, here is something interesting and important that you should know.
- Microsoft Office 2010 is the first edition of the suite to offer users a choice of both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
- If you have x32 OS edition, you can only deploy x32 application.
- If you have x64 OS edition, you can only deploy either x32 or x64 application.
- X32 version of Microsoft Office 2010 is widely popular and officially recommended too as it comes with no extra baggage such as compatibility issues, extra memory space, etc.
- Microsoft Office 2010 x64 download is only applicable on PCs that have Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, and Windows Server 64-bit
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access users who require to collate, edit, and/ or save large data files can particularly benefit from installing the Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit program
And finally, here’s how you would go ahead and install a 64-bit Microsoft Office 2010 application on your PC:
- 2.8 GB space or higher
- 2 GB program files
- A 64-bit version of Windows OS installed
- All Microsoft Office Add ins, connectors, etc. are 64-bit compatible (if they are 32-bit, they may not run after the 64-bit is set up)
- Uninstall any Microsoft Office product or suite that is 32-bit (previously installed)
Now the actual installation process:
- Explore the Microsoft Office 2010 DVD and go to the x64-bit folder
- Click on the setup.exe file located here (make sure you DO NOT CLICK on the one located on the root)
- Choose the ‘Customize’ option
- On the ‘File Location’ tab you will see the particular path in which the file is attempting to be saved in
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the ‘Install Now’ option for the process to begin
- Once you are notified that the process has successfully completed, access the Start menu and check if the Microsoft Office 2010 x64 folder is now available
- Click on the particular application you want to start working on and get set to go….
If the above is appearing tough, you do not have the time or patience, or you simply want to know more before you actually go ahead to install, call us on our toll free number and iYogi Certified Technicians will be happy to assist you…