How to use Microsoft® Word 2010 mail merge to create letters
Are you working on Microsoft Word 2010 and require sending the same form/ e-mail/ letter to a number of recipients? Well, you can comfortably use the mail merge feature to do it and actually save a lot of time. Do you want to know how you can do it? Here are the simple steps that you can follow to use mail merge to create letters in Microsoft Word 2010:
- Go to the ‘Mailings’ tab and click on the ‘Start Mail Merge’ option.
- On the drop-down list that will be displayed, click on the last option ‘Step by Step Merge Wizard’.
- You will notice the ‘Mail Merge’ task pane will open to the right side of the screen.
- Click on the ‘E-mail Messages option’ in the ‘Select Document Type’ dialog box.
- Hit the ‘Next: Starting Document’ option.
- In the dialog box that will now open, you can select from the three choices given here and click on ‘Next: Select Recipients’.
- This will further open a dialog box for you with three individual options for you to choose from. Depending upon your preference, you could either select to use an existing list or select from your Outlook contacts, or type a new list. Once you have selected any of these and completed the task, you can hit the ‘Next write your e-mail message’ option.
- Now you can insert your merge fields by using a combination of the three available options. The options are Address Block, Greeting Line, and More Items. The first option can be used to insert fields such as name and address, the second can be used to select a format for the greeting text on your letter, and the third can be used to insert other fields in your recipient list.
- Once the selection is done, hit the ‘Next: Preview your e-mail messages’ selection.
- 10. You are nearly through with the process and can now preview your message before sending it across. At this point, you can edit the recipient list to add any more names that you may have missed out on or remove the names that you no longer wish to send your message to.
- 11. Once you are satisfied with the preview, click on the ‘Next: Complete the merge’ option.
- 12. You are just one step away from using mail merge to create letters in Microsoft Word 2010. Hit the ‘Electronic Mail’ option and in the ‘Merge to E-mail’ window, fill in the ‘To’ and ‘Subject’ fields and select the mail format.
- 13. Finally click on ‘Ok’ to send your message.
Call toll free 1 877 889 6860