How to customize AutoCorrect option in Microsoft Word 2010
Microsoft Word 2010 is the best application to use if you have to prepare a text document. With its enhanced features and functionalities, Microsoft Word 2010 is the uncrowned ruler at the top. It has various user-friendly tools such as formatting tools, editing tools, tools to view and review a document. Its AutoCorrect option is one tool that is significant and very popular among users. It certainly makes typing text very easy as it takes care of most errors and typos effectively. The AutoCorrect option automatically fixes your typos, the instant you hit the spacebar, even before you may have completed typing in your sentence. By customizing the AutoCorrect option in Microsoft Word 2010 you can make the tool work better for you and exactly as per your wish.
Why customize the AutoCorrect option?
You may be required to type in a product name that carries two letters in the upper case, say ‘PProd’. Unless you set it as a rule in the AutoCorrect option, each time you will type this name in a document, Microsoft Word will attempt to fix it and make it ‘Pprod’. Therefore, to avoid the hassles of changing the name everywhere in the document as per your liking, simply customize the option.
You may also like to customize the AutoCorrect option in Microsoft Office 2010 to set a particular symbol or an abbreviation for a product/ theme you may be writing on. In this way, as soon as you will type the abbreviation, AutoCorrect option will automatically type the full name for you. This is especially handy in case you have to mention the name of a product several times in a document and when the product name is long or complicated.
How to customize the AutoCorrect option?
By following the simple steps mentioned below, you can easily customize the option:
- Click on the ‘File’ tab.
- Select ‘Options’ and then select ‘Proofing’.
- Click on the ‘AutoCorrect Options’ tab.
- Once the dialog box opens, you will be able to see all the AutoCorrect options that have been selected by default. Depending on the particulars that you would like to customize, you can de-select the one (if all are already selected) or select (in case some option was not selected previously) to customize it.
To customize that after typing in an abbreviation, AutoCorrect option should display the full form, follow the tips given below:
- Follow the above-mentioned points from a. to d. to reach the AutoCorrect dialog box.
- Here, select the ‘Replace text as you type’ option and set the abbreviation and full form of the product name here.
- Click on ‘Ok’ for the changes to take effect.
Customize the AutoCorrect option in your Microsoft Office 2010 program today and notice how fast you can complete creating a text document, without having to bother about typos, misspellings, and others.
Image by gromgull