Upgrade Path for Microsoft® Office 2010
What are the benefits of upgrading to Microsoft Office 2010 from Microsoft Office 2007? Can you tell us about the supported and unsupported upgrade paths for Microsoft Office 2010?
With richer and more powerful Microsoft Office applications and the ability to use them online, Microsoft Office 2010 scores over Microsoft Office 2007 in more than one way.
Microsoft Office 2010 offers you wider variety of features as well as enhanced Microsoft Office applications like Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 to help you keep track of your notes, advanced image options and animations in MicrosoftÂ PowerPoint and gives you the power to take your Microsoft Office applications online for discussing ideas and coordinating with your team from everywhere and anywhere.
Some of the benefits of upgrading to Microsoft Office 2010 are:
- Enhanced visuals
- MicrosoftÂ Office Web Apps application
- Co-Authoring feature
- Microsoft Office OneNote
When you plan to upgrade your Microsoft Office 2007 to Microsoft Office 2010, you need to make sure that the upgrade path that you choose is supported by your system and Microsoft Office 2010.
Benefits of upgrading to Microsoft Office 2010 :
1. Express your ideas through animated visuals – Create life-like visuals and apply professional-looking designs to photos, text and videos in Microsoft PowerPoint. With new, improvised editing effects such as saturation, let your presentations talk.
2. Take your work online – Use Microsoft Office Web Apps, an Microsoft Office 2010 feature, to your advantage for greater flexibility when working on Microsoft Office applications. Access your work from anywhere from a Smartphone or Internet-enabled computer.
3. Co-author – Brainstorm, share ideas, coordinate and meet deadlines faster by co-authoring Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft OneNote and work with multiple people simultaneously from anywhere. This feature is a boon from Microsoft Office 2010.
4. Track your ideas using MicrosoftÂ OneNote – MicrosoftÂ OneNote lets you maintain a digital notebook for organizing, tracking and sharing your text, photos and videos or audio files.
While upgrading from Microsoft Office 2007 to Microsoft Office 2010, you need to be aware of the following –
- You can upgrade a 32-bit Microsoft Office 2007 only to a 32-bit Microsoft Office 2010.
- A Microsoft Office 2007 system running on 32-bit Windows operating system cannot be upgraded to Microsoft Office 2010 system on 64-bit.
Microsoft Office 2010 is compatible with Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista or Windows 7. You need 500 MHz or more processor. You would need a hard disk of 1.5 GB, a portion of which will be freed after the installation when the download package is removed from the system. However, you won’t need to remove the hardware compatible with Microsoft Office 2007 as it will be compatible with Office 2010 also.
Annual Unlimited Subscription Plan
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small business sectors. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24X7X365 can provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
Our award winning and low priced Annual Subscription covers the following services:
- Comprehensive support for all editions of Microsoft Office 2010
- Diagnosis & Repair of your hardware issues
- Troubleshoot software errors
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats
- Connect to Internet, devices and peripherals
- Optimize your computer's speed and performance