Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 Edition
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is the basic edition of Microsoft Office 2010 and will be offered in a stripped-down, advertising-supported version on new PCs next year.
The Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition will only include Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, dropping Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and Microsoft OneNote 2010. All the other applications will be available with the lower-priced package, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 and Microsoft Outlook 2010, which will be a part of the next-level-up Microsoft Office Home & Business 2010 edition.
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 will not be a trial edition that times out. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is different than a trial version and has no expiration. You can continue using Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition until your needs exceed than what this edition can give you.
• Included applications: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition comprises of only Microsoft Word Starter 2010 and Microsoft Excel Starter 2010.
• Reduced functionality: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition applications only offer basic support for macros. It is unable to open the following file types: .xla, .xlam, .dsn, .mde, .accde, .odc, and .udl and does not supports Add-ins.
• Supported operating system: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7.
• License: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition will be only available to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) for preloading on Windows computers. Users who purchase these products with preloaded Microsoft Office Starter 2010 are allowed to load Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition on a USB drive and run it on any computer.
• Inclusion of advertisement: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition also displays advertisements.
Office 2010 will support the ISO/IEC compliant version of Open Document Format (ODF) i.e. v1.1, which was standardized as ISO/IEC 26300:2006 in May 2006.
New features are also said to include in Microsoft Office Starter 2010 edition in a built-in screen capture tool, a background removal tool, a protected document mode, new SmartArt templates and author permissions. The 2007 "Office" Button will be substituted by a menu button that leads to a full-window file menu, also known as Backstage View, giving access to task-centered functions such as printing and sharing easily.
The tailored Ribbon interface will be there in all Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Publisher. Office applications will also have functional Jump Lists in the latest operating system of Microsoft, Windows 7, which would let you easily access recent items and tasks relevant to the application.
iYogi is the fastest growing online and remote tech support provider in the direct-to-consumers and small business sectors. Our highly skilled and experienced tech experts available, 24X7X365 can provide the best issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Comprehensive support for all versions of Microsoft Office Starter 2010 Edition
- Diagnosis & Repair of your hardware issues
- Troubleshoot software errors
- Update drivers and security to protect against online threats
- Connect to Internet, devices and peripherals
- Optimize your computer’s speed and performance