Microsoft® Office® 2010 Genuine Validation
Product Review Summary
OGA Office validation involves downloading of an ActiveX control called Office Genuine Advantage Validation OGACheckControl.dll. Previously it is known as Office Validation Assistant, which will scan your computer to verify and determine whether your copy of Microsoft Office XP or Microsoft Office 2003 is genuine. OGA validation is recommended but not compulsory. Although still optional, Microsoft might make Office Validation to be required in future.
The Office Genuine Advantage requires the users of Microsoft Office to validate their copies of the software. Even though for some older versions it is not mandatory, validation and activation of Microsoft Office is highly suggested to make sure the version of the Office suite is genuine.
Read Full Review
The genuine validation process will collect information about the system to determine if your Microsoft software is genuine. The validation tools do not collect your name, e-mail address, address, or any other information that Microsoft will use to identify you or contact you. Microsoft has launched Windows Genuine Advantage and Office Genuine Advantage to help reducing the piracy issues. What they do is by launching an ActiveX control to check if the running genuine and non-pirated version of Windows and Office. For genuine Microsoft software users, they could access Genuine Advantage offers and latest updates and features for the software. Office Genuine Advantage meanwhile is an attempt by Microsoft to validate genuine copy of Microsoft Office XP, Office 2003, Office 2007 and Office 2010. By validating the Office, you could access to the latest features, updates, and support, including Office Genuine Advantage offers that contains add-ins, templates, learning tools, Smart Tags and stationery.
Here is a review of the Top 5 features of this product:
- FIVE –Â Quick and simpleThe Office validation only validates Office suites and applications. Microsoft said in a press statement that the validation process would be quick and simple for users. The OGA program is currently in the testing phase and is now available in 26 languages worldwide. OGA is a sibling program to WGA; both automatically check a users version of Microsoft software to ensure it is not counterfeit or pirated. Your web browser must accept ActiveX controls otherwise the validation will not be possible.
- FOUR –Â Balloon notificationAfter you log on to a non-genuine copy of Windows XP, a balloon notification message is displayed in the notification region reminding you about the validation failure. Click on the balloon notification or the notification area icon will open the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Failure Web page that tells you the details of the validation failure and the steps that you could take to make the operating system genuine.
- THREE –Â Validation process will not completeValidation process will not complete because of the following reasons, your operating system does not support the OGA validation tool and the product key used to install Office is missing or invalid. The product key used to install Office is misused, false or stolen and has been blocked by Microsoft. You have not yet activated Office or no supported Office products were found on your computer.
- TWO –Â ActiveX controlAn ActiveX control is a small, executable code package that users of Internet Explorer could download and run on their PCs. The Office Genuine Advantage validation processes use an ActiveX control to check the authenticity of your Windows or Office software. If the ActiveX control successfully validates your software, then it stores a special download key on your PC for future use.
- ONE – Â Mozilla Firefox web browserYou could complete the validation process using the Firefox Web browser. Users of the Firefox browser are automatically offered Firefox browser plug-ins for OGA validation and instructions for plug-in installation. The browser plug-ins provides the same Office validation as the ActiveX controls. If you are having trouble running the Firefox browser plug-ins, you might use the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Site for troubleshooting.
The Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage requires the users of Microsoft Office to validate their copies of the software.