Microsoft® Office 2010 Editions
Microsoft Office 2010 Edition is a productivity tool developed by Microsoft for home and business needs. Various packages of Microsoft Office 2010 include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, InfoPath, SharePoint, Project, Visio and Office Customization Tool (OCT). The seven editions of Microsoft Office 2010 are Starter, Home and Student, Home and Business, Standard, Professional, Professional Academic and Professional Plus.
Microsoft Office 2010 Starter is for those who do not know which editions to buy or will suit their needs. To perform all basic word processing and spreadsheet functions, Microsoft Office 2010 Starter edition is the ideal choice. Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student edition offers you more than Starter editions. If you need PowerPoint, you need Home and Student. Similarly, for Outlook, you need Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business, and to use Publisher and Access, Microsoft Office 2010 Professional edition should be chosen.
Microsoft Office 2010 tool contain lots of features for home and business needs. Microsoft Office Word 2010 is used for all documentation purposes and let your thoughts be documented on a professional document. Excel tool is for all sorts of analysis that you need in your excel documents. Outlook is a powerful e-mail management system. For presentations and publications, you need PowerPoint and Publisher. For database tools, you need Access and to organize your various types of documents, you need OneNote. Visio is for those who require dynamic visuals and to share in the web. The seven editions of Microsoft Office 2010 are for different users. User can choose according to their budget and their requirements. Microsoft Office 2010 editions require 500MHz computer processor and a RAM of at least 256 MB. It needs hard disk space of 3 GB and a display requirement of 1024x576.
- FIVE –Â Microsoft Office 2010 Starter EditionThis edition includes Microsoft Word Starter 2010 and Microsoft Excel Starter 2010. This is just for viewing, editing and creating documents. It also has PowerPoint Viewer 2010 to view and print your PowerPoint slides. It can be stored in USB drive and can be loaded in any system. Starter edition is a good first buy because it is free and upgrades are easy. With starter edition, you can launch other editions easily by identifying your requirement.
- FOUR –Â Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Student EditionThis edition includes Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Word. It does not have Outlook, Publisher, Access, Communicator, InfoPath, and SharePoint. The pricing is US$ 149 for retail box and US $199 for the Product Key Card. This is the popular edition in all Microsoft Office 2010 editions. This is a good choice for home use and consumers.
- THREE –Â Microsoft Office 2010 Home and Business EditionThis package includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook. Utility package not in this edition are Access, InfoPath, Publisher, SharePoint, Project, Visio and Office Customization Tool. This edition is used for consumers such as small business users who would enjoy the features of Outlook. This is moderately priced and is different only in Outlook with Home and Student edition.
- TWO –Â Microsoft Office 2010 Standard and Professional EditionStandard edition is similar to Home and Business edition except it has Publisher tool. It is a volume edition. Professional edition has all the basic tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. Opt to Professional only if you need Publisher or Access. The reason is that it may cost $230 to $360. Professional Academic edition is licensed to be used by students and educators. Academic edition is best choice in terms of bargain.
- ONE – Â Microsoft Office 2010 Professional PlusThis is a rather complete edition as it contains almost all Office suite tools. If you need Microsoft InfoPath, Communicator or SharePoint Workspace, you can take Professional Plus edition. You need a TechNet or MSDN membership or contact a Microsoft volume reseller.
Different Microsoft Office 2010 editions are developed according to the users' needs. You can save lot of money by selecting the apt edition as per your usage and budget.